Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday Morning Remorse

Procrastination is something I have down to a fine art. My ADC group is required to present a 15 to 20 minute presentation on Thursday Dec. 1 on Postpartum Depression. We divided up the work three weeks ago. (maybe a bit longer). Last night, or early this morning at the latest, my slides were due to Jeremy (he's coordinating the slide show for all of us). I finally finished my portion and emailed them at 9AM this morning. I spent a total of 4 hours doing the research, creating the slides, coordinating my speech to go along with the slides. I woke up at 4:30 this morning, thinking I could get it all done in a couple of hours. So I played a "quick" game before starting.

Once I did start working, I worked straight through and I'm really happy with the product I created. But.... why did I wait three weeks to even get started? Why did I waste the whole of the Thanksgiving break on relaxation, when I could have spent an hour or two each day working on this assignment and studying for the last three tests we have?

Ah well, It's done... here's hoping I can learn from this experience and use my time more wisely.

0 comments: