Sunday, May 20, 2012

I am one test away from being an RN!

Oh my! This semester flew by! All my doubts about wanting to be an RN are gone. This last semester allowed us to work as an RN with training wheels. We had full patient loads, we worked with amazing professionals and we had plenty of opportunities to practice our skills. I can't wait to get started in this new career.

In other family news, the whole family is moving somewhere, but we are not moving as a family. Kendra and her fiance Tyler are moving back to Enterprise to start new jobs and plan their wedding for summer 2013. Kimberly is moving from the house she shared with her siblings to her own apartment in Troy (where she is starting her junior year in Journalism). Mac is transferring to Auburn for the fall semester, having decided to major in aerospace engineering. Paul and I are moving to Huntsville. The fun part of this equation is the house the kids have been sharing has to be vacated by end of May and our moving dates (for my house) are in the first week of June. 

On the plus side, Tyler and Kendra have already found an apartment and they take the keys on May 25; Mac and Paul arranged an apartment for Mac in Auburn; we have our new address for Huntsville. The only one we still need to find housing for is Kim. And that adventure begins tomorrow.

I'm hoping to schedule my NCLEX exam for the end of June. This will give me plenty of time to review and solidify a lot of the concepts we've gone over for the last two years while helping everyone to move where they need to be. I have my temporary license, so I can start looking for positions in Huntsville as soon as we get up there!

0 comments: