Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mischief (Almost) Managed

I waited a day before re-coloring my hair. And as anyone with coloring experience knows... I am still looking a little patchy. At least now the patches are in shades of brown and I can go out of the house without wearing a hat. Ha Ha.

Seriously, this experience was beyond funny and I laughed at myself all day long.

But now I have to figure out the best way to correct the coloring. I'm tempted to go to my hairdresser and cut it shorter (the bleaching process did a number on my hair) and have her try and color correct it at the same time. Maybe the answer is lots and lots of highlights and lowlights. I imagine that will be an expensive little visit. I'll have to think about this. Another option is to go and buy jet black and just be really dark for awhile.
Or... convince my daughter to help me do highlights and lowlights all over.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Maybe a good trim will take care of some of the damage, and get your hair back to being healthier. Hope all goes well!

Beth

Linda said...

I think if it is damaged from the bleaching, I'd let the hairdresser do it.....just in case!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

friedmsw said...

I love your blog! Hoping that I will develop the art of being able to laugh at myself more. Thanks for coming by my blog

Sage Ravenwood said...

When I read the entry before this one, I automatically thought oh no, you didn't. I've done the same thing. In my case very dark brown did the trick to getting it back to a semblence of normal. My dad had silver hair by the time he was 20. If I ever allowed my hair to go natural, I would be dark gray entirely. I'm so not ready to look my age, so I keep dying my hair. You might get away without a lot of damage, your hair looks alot thicker than mine was. Thanks for the smile hon. It's healthy to be able to laugh at oneself. (Hugs)Indigo

Diane said...

Hope you get it sorted soon maybe a hairdresser would be best

hugs
Diane xx

Teresa said...

hiya :) thanks for coming and "visiting" my blog!
(about your "incident" with the hair coloring) lol ~ been there, done that and I went directly to the hairdresser to fix it LOL. That is truly the safest route...especially since my hair is thinning from high blood pressure & stress & medications. ughhhh the trivails of getting older :( :( bummer... I've added myself as a follower of your blog. Blessings* Teresa

Anonymous said...

Hello, I found your blog on diane's and have added myself as a follower, because I must have hair dying information!! Ha ha Three years ago I stopped dying my hair because I could never get it right, then I thought well I'm not going gray so why am I coloring my hair and let it go natural. But I have been finding a gray hair here and there and am thinking at some point I will have to try again.....
:-)