Thursday, November 20, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

You know.. I function fine when Paul is gone. Things get done. Children are tended. Happiness is there for all of us. However, when he comes home it's like everything is just brighter. For all of us.


glitter-graphics.comYesterday I went to a spouse's luncheon. We met up at Ingrid's Castle. This spot is an interesting combination of jewelry store/fine gifts and German restaurant. The theme was "wish list" and part of our time together was spent putting together a wish list for our husbands so they could shop for us at this store. I chose three jewelry items that I especially liked. I met two new wives yesterday. One named Jen, whose husband works with Paul on Apache projects. They have no children. The other woman, Ronnie lives on post like we do and has three teens about the same ages as Mac and Kim. I exchanged numbers with both of them. I did that because I've been too isolated this move and it's time for me to branch out. I really liked these women and felt we could have some things in common. Ronnie is about to go back to college (as I hope to do this spring), plus none of us are working outside the home right now. I have to admit that as outgoing as I can be, I have been very reserved here.

Paul went to the gym yesterday with Mac and I. He ran on the treadmill while we did our usual strength training. Then we played some basketball. I so enjoyed watching those two play and be "father/son-y" together. Paul smoked both of us on points, but we had a grand time playing.


glitter-graphics.comToday my big chores are laundry and t-giving grocery shopping. Last time I was at the store, I was too focused on what Kendra needed for her pantry to think about the t-giving feast. So today it will get it's own shopping opportunity.

In other mundane shopping news, I am 50% done with my Christmas shopping.

8 comments:

Emmi said...

Ya know when Jim was in Egypt we fell into a schedule & when he came back I wished he would go back cause it was easier when he was gone. Now I don't want him to leave cause I'm used to the way things are now. Hugs!

Merida Grace said...

Come by sweetie. I have an award for ya.
Christina
http://uniboobclub.blogspot.com/

Beth said...

Sounds like a fun day! I hope you're able to make good friends with the women you encountered today!

Ken Riches said...

Glad you are having some quality family time.

Lynne said...

Glad you found some fun time together, and were able to get out and meet others. God Bless.

jun said...

Estela I am so happy for you that you met some new friends.
I remember those days. lol
none of my friends kept in touch once we got back to the usa. but i have my online friends!

friedmsw said...

I am behind on following my blogs!So glad that you are having good quality time with Paul. The luncheon sounds like it was loads of fun!

Lynne said...

Estela, go see my blog - I nominated you for the MARIE ANTOINETTE AWARD, Congratuations!