Wednesday, November 26, 2008

You like me, You REALLY like me!

I want to thank Christina at The Uniboob Club: BREAST CANCER DOES NOT DEFINE ME AS A WOMAN,BUT MY BATTLE WITH BREAST CANCER DOES! (Christina is inspiring with her honest words about her battle with breast cancer and how it affects her and her family. I admire her truth and I'm praying for her.)

and Lynne atI'M ON A MISSION (I started reading Lynne while we were still back at AOL journals. She and I are fighting the same battle of weight loss. I love encouraging her and being encouraged by her.)

and Jun at JUN-MIDNIGHT (Jun and I are both here in Alabama. I enjoy reading her journal. She writes about her family and real life.)

for awarding me the Marie Antoinette distinction. I appreciate being thought of and being given this opportunity to spotlight some of my favorite journals.

I write about three basic topics
1. my hubby, family and our life as seen through my eyes.
2. Our military service members and how we can support them.
3. My continuing battle to lose weight (although you haven't heard much on that topic as of late).
It's good to know that folks enjoy reading about these things.

The Rules:
1. Please put the logo in your blog
2. Place a link from the person, from whom you received the award
3. Nominate at least 7 more
4. Put the links of those on your blog
5. Leave a message on their blog to let them know

Many of the journals that I read are ones that I followed at AOL journals, but there are several that are new to me as well, that I have found through following links and/or comments on other journals. I wish I could give them all an award, but since I can't these are the seven I have chosen.

1. Heather at Tightening the Corset ... Again . I have always enjoyed Heather's journal, even when she was back at AOL journals. Currently she's recreating her life to be a joyous one.

2. Fried MSW at http://friedmsw.blogspot.com/. A new find for me since moving to blogger, I have enjoyed reading her accounts of her job in the medical social work field. A fellow Alabamian, she is not quite close enough to me to benefit from my powers over the price of gasoline!

3. Jason at ROAD TO RECOVERY. Another new find, Jason uses his journal to discuss his weight loss process. I get a real kick out of reading the male perspective.

4. Madison at Life's a learning process . Madison and I go way back. We have a lot of the same struggles and we are both moms of teenagers. I love reading about Madison's antics.

5. Rebecca at Latent Thoughts . A "new to me" blog. I enjoy reading her entries and since she also has two teenage daughters, I find we have a lot in common.

6. Erica at *Southern Comfort* . Erica is another one that I've been reading a long time. She is so funny and I just never know what I'm in for when I read her latest entry.

7. Emmi atHome Schoolin' in Jammies. I know Emmi received this award for her tag journal, but I love reading about the homeschooling hijinks of her and her children.

I read so many journals and enjoy every one of them. Thankfully most of them have already received this award and to check them out more closely, just follow the "follower" picture links to find their journals.

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Congratulations! Well deserved! You know what I like about this "award", it introduces you to new journals/blogs. I am finding a bunch more to read!

Nathan said...

Estella,

Thank you for the nomination. I little unsure what I'm suppose to do. I just wanted to check in to see how you were doing? Happy Thanksgiving!

Nathan

~Rebecca Anne~ said...

Estella,
Thank you so much for including me on your list, I am most honored~~

Now, Have a Thanksgiving that makes your stomach ache and your heart full of gratitude.
Thinking of you with a smile today,
Rebecca

friedmsw said...

Congratulations! You really deserve it!! Thanks for the nomination. I am honored! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Nathan said...

Estela,

Congrats I have nominated you for the Marie Antoinette Award. Please stop by and leave me a note. Great job you DESERVE it!

"Let's eat and be healthy"

jun said...

Yes you do write a wonderful blog and i enjoy it very much!
I am sure you had a delicious thanksgiving. I did not go out to the stores today. I heard it was crazy out there.Ill just stay in and explore those leftovers again! lol, jun

madison said...

I know this is super late, but thanks for the nomination.